Thursday, November 19, 2009

Up in the Attic

This past spring, I went home to the farm where I grew up, just a mile or so outside of Quill Lake, SK. For an entire weekend, my two brothers and I worked to clean out the attic of the farmhouse.


Our parents were from the generation and the kind of people who never threw anything out. Over the years, my parents slowly piled stuff up into the attic. And after 30 years, it all finally saw the light of day.


I was amazed to find that my mom had saved a lot of my toys from when I was a little girl. I still love my Mr. Bunny, although he is dirty and in pretty rough shape.



I also found a box of shoes from my childhood. It is hard to believe that these used to be my shoes! I kept the red and blue plaid pair of sneakers (bottom left of picture). You may be wondering where I put all of these nostalgic items from my childhood. I store every treasure in a leather brown vintage suitcase that I found up in the attic.


I found this little guy squished and flattened by a huge box. He also came home with me.


Here are a few of the dolls I played with. My worst crime was always cutting their hair!




There were cardboard boxes, carpet samples and tons of miscellaneous crap. What we deemed garbage was thrown into the old blue truck and hauled off to the 'nuisance grounds'.


Good riddance!

THE END.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you saved the little white teddy bear... musta been SO lonely all those years up in the dark. Nice work. d

    ReplyDelete