Thursday, September 22, 2011

School House on the Prairie

As promised, here are a few more shots of the school house. There is just something about the color of weathered old wood that I just love — a perfectly muted brown grey. Unfortunately, the outside is covered in stucco, so not sure what year the school was built. Maybe the 40's or 50's? The inside walls are painted that hospital green color which I think was very popular back then.

It is too bad that my father has since passed away. I am sorry now that I never did think to ask questions such as "Where did the school house come from?" or "What year was it built?" Back then, my younger self did not have any interest in these kinds of things. Which is too bad. But that is life.

2 comments:

  1. I like the old things too Paige. I agree just something about that time worn wood. Where we live in Ukraine we are in a forest and when we take walks, I sometimes just pick up old weathered pieces. Some I just stick in potted plants. Others are just left lying around my garden. I really should make something with them. Thanks for following on my blog.

    Coleen Franks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coleen! Where do you live in the Ukraine? My twin brother married a girl from Ukraine and she is now here in Canada.

    Thanks for following my blog! :) p

    ReplyDelete